The expressiveness of a drumming performance and the freedom of a eurorack modular synthesizer finally have a dedicated interface! Kong is a dual drumpad interface that amplifies the drumpad signal and converts it to trigger and velocity CV signals. The Gain knob helps to amplify signal from any drumpad and serves as a sensitivity setting for the velocity, too. Each time the Kong detects a hit on the drumpad it outputs a trigger pulse and generates static CV on the velocity output corresponding to the intensity of the hit.
Kong amplifies the drumpad signal and converts it to trigger and velocity CV signals
The whole architecture is fully analog and the Velocity CV signal is generated by a sample and hold circuit with extremely low drift which makes it perfect for controlling crazy patches by hitting a bunch of drumpads. The Audio outputs provide amplified signals after the gain stage which enables Kong to be used as a dual modular pre-amp specifically meant for piezo pickups, but flexible enough to work with tons of other gear.
- 2 independent channels
- fully analog core
- gain knob per channel
- audio output after the gain stage
- trigger output with LED indication
- velocity CV output
- low drift sample & hold for velocity
- handmade locally by Bastl Instruments in Brno, Czech Republic
- 5HP width
- PTC fuse and diode protected 10pin power connector
- 55mm deep (with power cable connected)
- current consumption: +12V: <50mA, -12V: <60mA
- pdf user manual download