I am an absolute beginner at soldering. Will I be able to build the kit successfully?
Some kits are suitable for beginners, especially the smaller ones. Others require more skills in terms of soldering and recognizing electronic components. You can learn a lot by reading guides, for example here or checking some tutorial videos like here. However, the best way to develop your skills is just by doing it. You can try to catch us at one of our workshops where we provide all the know-how too. We also try to offer in-depth assembly guides, so you don’t have to worry about getting stuck.
I think my built kit doesn’t work.
Sorry to hear that. Here's a list of common problems, so let’s recheck some things:
- Check if all joints are correctly soldered. If you can see some bad ones, make appropriate adjustments (re-heat, adding more solder, etc.)
- Be sure that the ICs and sockets are not placed in the wrong direction.
- Be sure to push the ICs into their sockets properly.
- Be sure that the LEDs, electrolytic capacitors, diodes, and other polarized components are correctly oriented.
- If there are some jumpers, verify installing them in the right spot.
- There are board schematics on our website. Try to consult them to solve the issue(s).
I am completely stuck. Can you repair the kit?
Yes, we provide a repair service for built and not working kits. For purchase hit Noise Kitchen here.
I need to contact someone from Bastl Instruments
Please use this email: email@example.com