I am an absolute beginner as regards soldering. Will I be able to build the kit successfully?
Some kits are welcomed for beginners, especially the smaller ones. Others require more skills in terms of soldering and recognising electronic components. You can learn a lot by reading guides, for example here or checking some tutorial videos like here. However the best way to develop your skills is just by doing it. You can try to catch us at one of our workshops where we provide all the know-how too. We also try to provide you in-depth assembly guides so you don’t have to be afraid that you will stuck.
I think my built kit doesn’t work.
Sorry to hear that. Here is a list of common problems so let’s check some things again:
- Check if all joints are soldered properly. If you can see some bad ones, do appropriate adjustment (re-heat, adding more solder etc.)
- Be sure that the ICs and sockets are not placed in wrong direction.
- Be sure to push the ICs into their sockets properly.
- Be sure that the LEDs, electrolytic capacitors, diodes and other polarized components are properly oriented.
- If there are some jumpers, verify installing them in the right spot.
- There are board schematics on our website. Try to solve the problem(s) using them.
I am totally stuck. Can you repair the kit?
Yes, we provide a repair service for built and not working kits here.
I need to contact someone from Bastl Instruments
Please use this email: firstname.lastname@example.org