MIDI Bastl is a clever MIDI module for (not only) Bastl Instruments Trinity chain of instruments to add input or output MIDI connector. It can also work as a MIDI Clock convertor to different kinds of clock – Korg Volca / Monotribe, Gameboy Nanoloop / LSDJ, DIN Sync 24 or 48.
- jumpers to select functionality and routing of the MIDI connector (with chain connectors and sync dev. area)
- MIDI I/O
- Attiny 85 based development area for almost endless sync possibilities
- converts MIDI clock to CV clock (4 PQN and 12 PQN) for Korg Volca/Monotribe, Modular, Gameboy Nanoloop/LSDJ)
- converts MIDI clock to DIN sync 24 /48
- dimensions: 75 x 45 x 35 mm
- powered by side pins
- user manual pdf
Standalone use MIDI Bastl has no power jack and is powered via the side connectors from an instrument. For standalone use you need to add a power jack adaptor. On the circuit board, there are clearly marked spots to which you can solder the power jack cable.
Midi Bastl DIN Sync Mod Convert MIDI clock to DIN sync 24 /48.
- convert any clock to MIDI clock
- merge MIDI signals (from connector and from chain)
- CV & Gate to MIDI notes
- CV to MIDI CC
You can build your own MIDI Bastl with our DIY kit. Go through the complete assembly guide below and make sure that you understand all the steps.