Dynamics and more...
Dynamo is a combination of 3 utility modules: envelope follower, comparator, and voltage-controlled switch. It combines Envelope Follower and comparator to extract the gate from the envelope. On top of that, there is full-wave rectifier output |EF IN| and Compressor CV curve generator.
When the Compressor CV is plugged into the CV input of a VCA with offset and attenuator knobs, you get a Compressor! The threshold knob on Dynamo sets the compressor threshold, Offset on the VCA sets the gain, and the attenuator on the CV input sets the ratio of compression (which can also go negative). This allows you to create a compressor type of effect from anything: VCA, tube module, VCF, or anything that comes to your rack!
You can make “fake thru-zero modulation” with anything you like!
The other trick of the Dynamo is the voltage-controlled switch section in combination with the full-wave rectifier and comparator. All pre-normalized, and for what reason? Make “fake thru-zero modulation” with anything you like! Define what happens when the negative modulation is happening and adjust the zero crossing point with CV. The whole world of intense modulations is waiting for you now…
… and it is totally bonkers!
- Two passively connected Envelope Follower inputs (multiple)
- Inverted and non-inverted Envelope Follower Output
- Full-wave Rectifier Output |EF IN|
- Compressor CV Output with indication LED (only negative voltage when the envelope is greater than the threshold)
- THR-EF output is similar to compressor CV but can go to positive voltages – it tilts the whole compressor dynamics curve (not only the part above threshold)
- selectable Envelope Follower Release time (Short, Mid, Long)
- Output of Envelope Follower is normalized to Comparator Input
- Comparator with Threshold knob, Threshold CV, Input and Output
- Output of Comparator is normalized to the Gate of VCS
- Voltage Controllable Switch is bi-directional (non-buffered) A or B switch
- VCS Gate threshold is around 1.5 volts
- On high gate, the B signal is connected with A or B connector (otherwise, it is A)
- Signal on A is inverted and normalized to B (easily achieve bi-polar VCA emulation or other waveshaping)
- 5HP width
- PTC fuse and diode protected 10pin power connector
- 35mm deep
- current consumption: +12V: <30mA, -12V: <35 mA
- pdf user manual download
You can build your own Dynamo with our DIY kit. Go through the complete assembly guide below and make sure that you understand all the steps.
- BUY DIY KIT
- complete assembly guide pdf
- schematics pdf
- board diagram pdf